Old 03-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Bob

Default Repairing EPDM rubber liner?

I have been dealing with a leak since the winter and I have finally found
it! I guess the very thick ice on my pond over the winter plus me trying to
clear a hole in the ice caused a hole about the size of a nickel in my
liner. Fortunately it's about six inches below the surface on the side so
it's easy to get at but I have one question...what is the best way to repair
a hole in an EPDM rubber liner? I have never done this and I don't know
what to use. Any help out there? Thanks!

Bob
Massapequa, NY

Old 03-06-2003, 04:20 PM
cpemma

"Bob" wrote in message
t...
I have been dealing with a leak since the winter and I have finally found
it! I guess the very thick ice on my pond over the winter plus me trying

clear a hole in the ice caused a hole about the size of a nickel in my
liner. Fortunately it's about six inches below the surface on the side so
it's easy to get at but I have one question...what is the best way to

repair
a hole in an EPDM rubber liner? I have never done this and I don't know
what to use. Any help out there? Thanks!

Your local pond shop should sell plasters. Very, very sticky with a silicone
paper covering the gluey side, mine came about 1" wide, sold by the foot.

Old 03-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Michael Shaffer

yup, that's what i used.. except mine was about 8"x12" and i cut it up
into smaller pieces (had about 12 holes where i put nails through the liner)

cpemma wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
t...

I have been dealing with a leak since the winter and I have finally found
it! I guess the very thick ice on my pond over the winter plus me trying

clear a hole in the ice caused a hole about the size of a nickel in my
liner. Fortunately it's about six inches below the surface on the side so
it's easy to get at but I have one question...what is the best way to

repair

a hole in an EPDM rubber liner? I have never done this and I don't know
what to use. Any help out there? Thanks!

Your local pond shop should sell plasters. Very, very sticky with a silicone
paper covering the gluey side, mine came about 1" wide, sold by the foot.

Repairing butyl rubber pond liner Owdboggy Ponds 1 25-04-2011 10:52 PM
where in uk can i get EPDM roofing rubber sticky Ponds 0 08-10-2004 02:48 PM
EPDM and rubber cement? Lee B. Ponds 5 30-03-2004 03:03 PM
What sticks to EPDM rubber Randy Ponds 2 15-06-2003 05:44 AM
Coconut Liner and/or rubber liner for window box planters Kelly Gardening 2 13-05-2003 11:08 PM