GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Freshwater shrimp (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/31000-freshwater-shrimp.html)

zookeeper 08-06-2003 10:44 AM

Freshwater shrimp

Has anyone ever tried using freshwater shrimp (ghost / glass, Amano) in
their koi ponds to reduce algae and/or bottom mulm / detritus / gunk?
--
Kathy B, zookeeper
3500gal pond (Oregon)

John Hines 08-06-2003 04:44 PM

Freshwater shrimp

zookeeper wrote:

Has anyone ever tried using freshwater shrimp (ghost / glass, Amano) in
their koi ponds to reduce algae and/or bottom mulm / detritus / gunk?

I'd think they would be lunch very quickly.

[email protected] 08-06-2003 07:56 PM

Freshwater shrimp

yup

I'd think they would be lunch very quickly.

Sean Dinh 09-06-2003 11:56 AM

Freshwater shrimp

I had ghost in my aquarium. They made no dent to the algae. They all died
when I fed KCl to the water lily.