Old 08-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Bob Stan

Default Tadpoles and green stuff

Do tadpoles alone eat/clear the pond water of the green stuff(algea)?

My observation and experience says, yes.

Does anyone know for sure (scientifically)?

BOB
http://www.hbci.com/~sew4uicn/grill.html
I love simple things
P.S.: I have a 50 gal pond.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:20 PM
K30a

Tadpoles are vegetarians, they have the long
coiled intestines for processing plant matter. They will also snarf up any
protein that gets in their way or eat up a dead sibling or fish, but for the
most part plant matter is their diet of choice.

k30a
Old 08-06-2003, 09:44 PM
cpemma

Bob Stan wrote:
Do tadpoles alone eat/clear the pond water of the green stuff(algea)?

My observation and experience says, yes.

They may eat it, but at the rate it develops, I doubt they make much
impression on it.