GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pumps and filters (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/31266-pumps-filters.html)

crclark 10-06-2003 02:20 AM

Pumps and filters

Ok, folks, now that I really showed my stupidity to all of you by not know
the gal of water in my pond (it is 3000 not 1000) I need new equipment I
think. Should I get one big pump or two smaller ones and one large filter??
Right now the water is clear and the bottom looks really good (I vacuumed it
Sat.) I do have a lot of plants, but can't seem to find any water lettuce
or hyanthias, we do not have a lot of pond places in Boise. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all. CC

Bob H 10-06-2003 03:09 PM

Pumps and filters

We have a couple in Spokane (not THAT far away) Blue Iris Water Garden
sells on line they have water lettuce for $3.95 each (I thought kinda
expensive) but you could order them on the net.

thlink.net...

*muffin* 11-06-2003 05:20 AM

Pumps and filters

try ebay.
I got some nice plants,,

(although I think the cold killed a few.)

crclark 13-06-2003 01:08 AM

Pumps and filters

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, comments and help. I really
appreciate all of you and your knowledge. Maybe there will come a day when
I can help someone. Thanks again, Connie

thlink.net...

~ jan JJsPond.us 24-06-2003 05:32 AM

Pumps and filters

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 01:08:04 GMT, "crclark" wrote:

Ok, folks, now that I really showed my stupidity to all of you by not know
the gal of water in my pond (it is 3000 not 1000) I need new equipment I
think. Should I get one big pump or two smaller ones and one large filter??
Right now the water is clear and the bottom looks really good (I vacuumed it
Sat.) I do have a lot of plants, but can't seem to find any water lettuce
or hyanthias, we do not have a lot of pond places in Boise. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all. CC

Boise, as in Idaho? Do you belong to the local koi & pond club in that
area? There's where you'll find plants to buy,swap,sell. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

~ jan JJsPond.us 24-06-2003 05:32 AM

Pumps and filters

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:05:16 -0700, "Bob H"
wrote:

We have a couple in Spokane (not THAT far away) Blue Iris Water Garden
sells on line they have water lettuce for $3.95 each (I thought kinda
expensive) but you could order them on the net.

Tri-Cities is even closer, and our plants are cheaper at Mac's Garden
Center. No offense to Spokane as I love both Blue Iris and Koi Gardens,
lovely places, expert help, but Mac's Garden Center in Pasco has huge
shallow above ground ponds will hundreds of blooming lilies to pick from.
Most in the $19.99 range. Also lots of marginals priced $8-$15. Oh, and
then there is me, what I divide out of my ponds. Lilies $10-15 and
marginals $3-5. ;o) ~ jan