GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First Snake.. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/31399-first-snake.html)

FIRE224U 10-06-2003 10:32 PM

First Snake..

Well it finally happened went out to my pond to feed the goldfish and lo and
behold what do i spy but a small snake(about 6-8in) in my pond. Of course try
to get it out but i lost it. So now im hold watch trying to find him again,
have searched most of the pond with no luck. Doesn't look poisonous, has a
rounded head. been extremely hot and dry here lately figure he was looking for
an easy meal, hundreds of tadpoles , and a wet place to cool off. Any ideas to
get rid of it or catch it?Thanks in advance.
Scott in Louisiana

K30a 10-06-2003 10:44 PM

First Snake..

One of our Louisiana posters caught a snake in
her pond with a minnow trap baited with a goldfish.
She had one part of the trap out of the water so the caught snake could
breathe.
good luck!

k30a