GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Koi Food Survey - Catfish food for $10.99 per 50 lb bag. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/31728-re-koi-food-survey-catfish-food-%2410-99-per-50-lb-bag.html)

~ Windsong ~ 13-06-2003 05:08 AM

Koi Food Survey - Catfish food for $10.99 per 50 lb bag.

One fine day: Jerrispond picked up the keyboard and pecked out:
::: 5.50 per lb, 110 bucks for 33 pound bag ...
::
:: That costs more than the food I feed my family.....No can do!!!
:: Jerri
=======================
I can buy jumbo shrimp for dinner for that! :-) Our koi and goldfish are
absolutely thriving on Catfish food from Tractor Supply (for the past 3
years). Most feed stores carry catfish food or will get it in for you. I
get the 50 lbs bags for $10.99. Someone I know said they raised the price
to $11.99 a 50lb bag now. You wont find better and cheaper than that.

--
Carol.......
"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left."

BenignVanilla 13-06-2003 01:32 PM

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message
One fine day: Jerrispond picked up the keyboard and pecked out:
::: 5.50 per lb, 110 bucks for 33 pound bag ...
::
:: That costs more than the food I feed my family.....No can do!!!
:: Jerri
=======================
I can buy jumbo shrimp for dinner for that! :-) Our koi and goldfish are
absolutely thriving on Catfish food from Tractor Supply (for the past 3
years). Most feed stores carry catfish food or will get it in for you.

get the 50 lbs bags for $10.99. Someone I know said they raised the

price
to $11.99 a 50lb bag now. You wont find better and cheaper than that.

After reading this thread...I am tempted to read the ingredients on the bag
of dog food in the kitchen. I wonder how much different it is?

BV.

John Rutz 13-06-2003 02:32 PM

BenignVanilla wrote:

After reading this thread...I am tempted to read the ingredients on the bag
of dog food in the kitchen. I wonder how much different it is?

BV.

-- years ago I raised aquarium fish due to adverse circumstances I ran
out of rready cash checke the label on tetra flakes and purina cat
chow same ingredients same percentages
dont know if that holds now as I havent bought cat chow in 20 years

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com