Old 13-06-2003, 06:08 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Koi Food Survey - Catfish food for $10.99 per 50 lb bag.

One fine day: Jerrispond picked up the keyboard and pecked out:
::: 5.50 per lb, 110 bucks for 33 pound bag ...
::
:: That costs more than the food I feed my family.....No can do!!!
:: Jerri
=======================
I can buy jumbo shrimp for dinner for that! :-) Our koi and goldfish are
absolutely thriving on Catfish food from Tractor Supply (for the past 3
years). Most feed stores carry catfish food or will get it in for you. I
get the 50 lbs bags for $10.99. Someone I know said they raised the price
to $11.99 a 50lb bag now. You wont find better and cheaper than that.

--
Carol.......
"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left."

Old 13-06-2003, 02:32 PM
BenignVanilla

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message
One fine day: Jerrispond picked up the keyboard and pecked out:
::: 5.50 per lb, 110 bucks for 33 pound bag ...
::
:: That costs more than the food I feed my family.....No can do!!!
:: Jerri
=======================
I can buy jumbo shrimp for dinner for that! :-) Our koi and goldfish are
absolutely thriving on Catfish food from Tractor Supply (for the past 3
years). Most feed stores carry catfish food or will get it in for you.

get the 50 lbs bags for $10.99. Someone I know said they raised the

price
to $11.99 a 50lb bag now. You wont find better and cheaper than that.

After reading this thread...I am tempted to read the ingredients on the bag
of dog food in the kitchen. I wonder how much different it is?

BV.

Old 13-06-2003, 03:32 PM
John Rutz

BenignVanilla wrote:

After reading this thread...I am tempted to read the ingredients on the bag
of dog food in the kitchen. I wonder how much different it is?

BV.

-- years ago I raised aquarium fish due to adverse circumstances I ran
out of rready cash checke the label on tetra flakes and purina cat
chow same ingredients same percentages
dont know if that holds now as I havent bought cat chow in 20 years

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Feeding Koi Catfish Food inlikeflint Ponds (moderated) 3 31-08-2017 03:16 PM
catfish food for koi :-) ~ Windsong ~ Ponds 49 30-08-2017 02:59 PM
Best type of food(Floating Catfish Food) [email protected] Ponds 12 30-10-2004 04:25 PM
Koi Food Survey zookeeper Ponds 34 17-07-2003 02:31 AM
catfish food for koi :-) Andrew Burgess Ponds 2 18-06-2003 08:08 PM