GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ideas and suggestions on a new pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/31778-ideas-suggestions-new-pond.html)

Dilon earl 13-06-2003 06:20 PM

Ideas and suggestions on a new pond

I am in the process of setting up a pond. Its 1,000 gallons and
has been fiiled with water for about a month and a half. I have 6
small goldfish and 8 or 9 lillies in it. I'm using a 975 GPH pump on
it. Presently the only filter I have on it is the one that came on
the pump.
I plan on putting more filters on it this weekend. I found plans
for a larger debris filter he

http://www.mvwgs.org/filter.htm

And plans for a Biologic filter he

http://www.lehigh.edu/~kaf3/pubs/filter1.html

I have quite a bit of algae in it, from reading the posts here, I
would guess that its pea soup algae.

Any ideas, comments or suggestions?