Old 14-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Mac

Default laminar Fountaid??

Hi, I am interested in making a fountain using a laminar nozzle, It makes a
ark from one point to another and looks like it is a solid ark of glass and
does not disturb the water to much where it enters the pond, There is one
patent that makes the stream so smooth that light can be projected through
the water and cant be seen till the water jet hits something, it them
becomes a burst of light. It can also be modified with a add on that turns
it into a Into a leap jet where balls of water are shot through the air held
together by there own surface tension, the length which can be adjusted.
Checking into it a bit more I found that there are quite a few US patent for
Laminar nozzles for fountain.
What I am trying to find out is whether or not this effect can be
achieved with a high volume pump and a simpler nozzle that would be
cheaper, also any information on getting patent rights to build one of these
nozzles. The link below shows a laminar fountain, I have no connection to
this site whatsoever just posting it for anyone interested and doesn't know
what I am talking about. Any information on this topic would be appreciated.
Ben

http://www.exclusivefountains.co.uk/laminar-jets.htm

http://www.atlanticfountains.com/leapfrog.htm