Old 15-06-2003, 03:32 AM
Randy

Default What sticks to EPDM rubber

I need to repair some leaks in our EPDM 45 mil rubber liner. Already tried
the single side seam tape. Did this when it was cold and it did not stick.

I would love to know what could be directly applied to the rubber. Would
stick tenaciously and would be 100% water immersable.

Old 15-06-2003, 05:20 AM
John Rutz

Randy wrote:
I need to repair some leaks in our EPDM 45 mil rubber liner. Already tried
the single side seam tape. Did this when it was cold and it did not stick.

I would love to know what could be directly applied to the rubber. Would
stick tenaciously and would be 100% water immersable.

if your talking about small leaks RTV rubber from a autosuply store
works prety well I use a lot of it in my pond and filters
Learned to use it when i was in the fire dept for sealing high presure
pumps and lines

if its a lar4ge hole put a large bead of the rtv around it and mush a
peice of liner over it takes about 2-4 hours to set
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 15-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Hank Pagel

Commercial roofing suppliers sell patch kits for EPDM roofing. RV
dealers also have sealant for EPDM roofs on motorhomes and trailers.
Both these products will make a permanent repair. If you do use RTV
sealant allow extra time for curing. Until it is completely cured RTV
gives off ammonia.

"Randy" wrote in message
thlink.net...
I need to repair some leaks in our EPDM 45 mil rubber liner. Already
tried
the single side seam tape. Did this when it was cold and it did not
stick.

I would love to know what could be directly applied to the rubber.
Would
stick tenaciously and would be 100% water immersable.

where in uk can i get EPDM roofing rubber sticky Ponds 0 08-10-2004 03:48 PM
EPDM and rubber cement? Lee B. Ponds 5 30-03-2004 04:03 PM
Repairing EPDM rubber liner? Bob Ponds 2 03-06-2003 06:56 PM
Senecio Mandraliscae aka Blue Chalk Sticks in Malaysia anthony_eu Gardening 3 12-03-2003 05:44 AM
Composting sticks and limbs.... animaux Gardening 4 28-02-2003 01:51 PM