GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Happy Father's Day!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/32185-re-happy-fathers-day.html)

K30a 15-06-2003 11:32 PM

Happy Father's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, okay, okay!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! :-)

The father around here decided this was
the day to trim about 400 pounds of vegetation around the back fence and set
the teenage boys to hauling it all off to await the chipper he plans to rent
this week.
Now eldest son is working on a stump with two friends hanging out to supervise
him. The kid needs to reread Tom Sawyer.

k30a

Bob Adkins 16-06-2003 08:00 PM

Happy Father's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 15 Jun 2003 22:23:27 GMT, ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! :-)

Well thanks! Same to ya!

The father around here decided this was
the day to trim about 400 pounds of vegetation around the back fence and set
the teenage boys to hauling it all off to await the chipper he plans to rent
this week.
Now eldest son is working on a stump with two friends hanging out to supervise
him. The kid needs to reread Tom Sawyer.

Hmmmm...I hate to tell you this, but whitewashing the stump will not make it
go away. ;-)

Bob

K30a 16-06-2003 08:00 PM

Happy Father's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob wrote Hmmmm...I hate to tell you this, but whitewashing the stump will
not make it
go away. ;-)

But attaching a chain to it and yanking it out
with the family van was waaaaaaaay kewl!

k30a

Bob Adkins 16-06-2003 08:20 PM

Happy Father's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 16 Jun 2003 13:49:06 GMT, ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

Bob wrote Hmmmm...I hate to tell you this, but whitewashing the stump will
not make it
go away. ;-)

But attaching a chain to it and yanking it out
with the family van was waaaaaaaay kewl!

Ooo-rah! More power! :-)

Wish we could use dynamite like the old days. Now there's REAL power! 4
sticks=koi pond!

Bob

K30a 16-06-2003 08:32 PM

Happy Father's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob wrote Wish we could use dynamite like the old days. Now there's REAL
power! 4
sticks=koi pond!

Yes, farmboy DH was waxing nostalgic about
dynamite........ thank goodness, who knows what
trouble they would have gotten into yesterday!

k30a