Old 18-06-2003, 12:39 AM
Judy Konopka

Default suds around my parrot feather

Hi all,

I don't want to freak out (yet), but tonight I noticed some of my parrot
feather looked weird. I used the skimmer to poke it a bit, and a bunch of
suds dispersed. I have not put anything new in the pond other than the
beneficial bacteria I've been putting in for the past two months. That
particular bunch of PF is starting to look yellow, but the suds seem to be
on other bunches as well. We've been having weird weather in CT (very rainy
and temps below normal). I have only 6 2-3" goldfish. Any ideas?

Old 18-06-2003, 12:56 AM
James Cook

"Judy Konopka" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi all,

I don't want to freak out (yet), but tonight I noticed some of my parrot
feather looked weird. I used the skimmer to poke it a bit, and a bunch of
suds dispersed. I have not put anything new in the pond other than the
beneficial bacteria I've been putting in for the past two months. That
particular bunch of PF is starting to look yellow, but the suds seem to be
on other bunches as well. We've been having weird weather in CT (very

rainy
and temps below normal). I have only 6 2-3" goldfish. Any ideas?

Do you have a waterfall ? These could be DOC's being forced out of the water
by the action of a waterfall

Old 18-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Mark T.

Hi,
Check out this link. It talks about the foamy stuff
and how you can get rid of it.

Mark

http://www.animalnetwork.com/aquafish/reference/ap2.asp

"James Cook" wrote in
message ...

Old 18-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Judy Konopka

Yup, right in front of the parrot feather...what's a DOC?
"James Cook" wrote in
message ...

Old 18-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Judy Konopka

Hi, I just want to clarify it is not foam (like you see on stinky lakes),
but suds and only around the plants. At this time it is hardly noticable,
but it was enough to attract my attention. I have an Aquascape System
(biofalls, and skimmer).