Old 18-06-2003, 03:08 AM
Jerrispond

Default 4 inches in 1 1/2 hour

Yep that's right 4 inches of rain in 1 1/2 hours. 4 1/2 inches for the
night. All the ponds ovdrflowed, the septic tank flooded ( not into the
ponds...the ponds into it) The rain came down the hill and over ran the berms.
The ponds are filled with mud, and one of the liners lifted up fpr a while
..Upon close inspection there are no casualties this morning...except for some
lotus buds. All the fish seem fine. I just hope nothing toxic washed in
Jerri

Old 18-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Pinkpggy

Wow!! That is some rain storm. Glad you only lost some lotus buds.
Jan
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/us.html
Old 18-06-2003, 08:08 AM
zookeeper

Jerrispond wrote:
Yep that's right 4 inches of rain in 1 1/2 hours. 4 1/2
inches for the night. All the ponds ovdrflowed ...
The rain came down the hill and over ran the berms.
The ponds are filled with mud ... no casualties
this morning ... except for some lotus buds ...

That's a lot of rain -- Is the mud in the ponds from the hill? Hope it
all clears for you? and that you're not expecting more storms. We're
supposed to have rain showers tomorrow, but after several days of 75-85
degrees, I'm ready for a little moisture.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper
3500gal pond, 13 pond pigs

Old 18-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Jerrispond

That's a lot of rain -- Is the mud in the ponds from the hill? Hope it
all clears for you? and that you're not expecting more storms.

It is raining now as we speak. Yes all the mud was washed in. The larger koi
pond is pretty clear today can see down about 2 of the 3 1/2 feet. The
smaller goldfish/lily pond is only clear a few inches down today. Still no
sick fish, so think we are ok there Jerri

Old 18-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Lee Brouillet

HA! I can beat you! On Monday we received 2 1/4" in 20 minutes! I had just
gotten home from work, so I was there to pump the pond down. It dropped my
KH by 3 whole degrees (nearly 60 ppm). That's one of the reasons I keep my
KH so high. Ahhh, summertime . . . !

Lee