Old 18-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Rockypierre

Default ideas for hiding sides of preformed ponds?

How to cover the exposed steep black plastic under the flat rock
border?

One thought is to add piles of large rounded stones on shelves, then
fill the gaps with smaller ones, while planting marginals in the gaps.

Any thoughts?
Old 18-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Heather

While not having tried this myself I have heard about taking landscape
fabric, spraying it with insulation foam and embedding small rocks and pea
gravel.

Alternately you could use spray foam on the side of the preformed pond and
embed the small stones like a stone wall.

Good luck.

om...

Old 18-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Lee Brouillet

Don't worry: in a month or so, it will all be covered in algae anyway and
you won't see it!

Lee

Old 19-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Dan D.

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message ...
Don't worry: in a month or so, it will all be covered in algae anyway and
you won't see it!

My thoughts exactly.
I have a pre-form. It's 5 years old.
You can take some thin dinner plate type rocks and stand them on
edge around the sides but give your plants and the algae cover time
to kick in. The pond sides will disappear sooner than you think.

I'm guessing that if you have a new pond your next post will be
"Help the string algae has covered my pond walls!!" ;-)
Then when your fishies grow up and get hungry they will eat the
stuff and you'll reach the ponding equilibrium we all strive for.

Enjoy your pond!

Dan D. Louisville KY good ole USA
http://ky-dan.com

Connecting two preformed ponds... [email protected] Ponds 1 04-09-2014 04:32 PM
Ideas for hiding air conditioning unit? Ima Googler Gardening 2 24-11-2008 06:20 AM
Large Preformed Ponds Lostin1999 Ponds 7 27-07-2004 03:05 PM
Preformed Ponds Pond Diver Ponds 8 28-04-2004 04:05 AM
stablize pond sides in sandy soil John Bachman Ponds 6 02-04-2003 01:56 AM