Old 21-06-2003, 03:56 PM
John Rutz

Default bacterial gill disease

the BGD seems to be under controll haven't lost a Koi in 4 days now,
after the treatments the pond is returning to its normal state, the
algae is comming back thankfully, after a week the Koi are starting to
eat again still jus nibbling at food but at least they are regaining
interest. I was lucky in that I kept most of my "good" older Koi and
only lost what I think was the Mules from the last two spawns Last
summer. and some of the new babys added this spring

I had been planning another culling of the Koi I did not wwant to do it
by disease although thats the way it worked out, I am now at 98 Koi
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com