Old 24-06-2003, 03:56 AM
*muffin*

Default tubing

do any of you have a place with good pricing on NON-kink tubing that doesn't
collapse? 1 1/4 inch??

Old 24-06-2003, 04:20 AM
Hank Pagel

I'm pretty sure that above the ground pools use 1 1/4" hoses. If you
are using it for a suction line the vacuum hoses will not collapse.
Any discount pool supply or some home centers will have it. There are
many grades and you get what you pay for.

Old 24-06-2003, 06:31 AM
*muffin*

we are using regular swimming pool hose, the nonkink stuff,, but it did
collapse at one point........
(using from prefilter to filter)

Old 24-06-2003, 08:20 AM
zookeeper

Have you checked Home Depot, Lowes type places? Our local HD has lots of
different sizes of tubing, hose, pipes, etc.
--
zookeeper

Old 24-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Hank Pagel

If you are pulling water through the hose you have to use vacuum hose.
There are two types of hose , pressure and suction. Even a quality
pressure hose can collapse under suction. Home Depot has a lot of
tubing, just make sure it is good for suction lines. As prefilter gets
clogged the hose will collapse if it is not designed for the negative
pressure.

Old 24-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Michael Shaffer

http://www.pondliner.com/Tubing.htm

Old 24-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Michael Shaffer

btw I'm using the flexible 2" pvc at the top and it doesn't collapse
under a vaccum, even with my 3600gph pump. It's very strong.

Old 25-06-2003, 05:44 AM
*muffin*

thanks.

my home depot only had small diam tubing or BIG $$$ hot tub stuff.

I was thinking of swimming pool filter hose,, but,, stuff is white.