Old 24-06-2003, 09:56 PM
joe

Default In line leaf strainer

I'm making a pond vacuum as described by RichToyBox (here's the link for any
one else who is interested

http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/pondpage4.html

Does anyone know where to get a leaf strainer similar to the aquaticeco Rich
has described? I went to order it online from them for $57 and asked they
quote me shipping before sending it 2-day air. Am I glad I did - shipping
was $48. I emailed them back and asked for slower shipping. 3 Day was $30. I
canceled my order.

Sheesh. I just ordered a pump from Just Liners and 3 day shipping was only
$11.

Anyway I'm looking for an alternative.

Thanks

Joe

PS. Travel hint: The sun just came out today (San Diego). It has been
overcast all month. Don't ever visit here in June. We call it June gloom. I
always feel bad for the tourists who get here and have to spend cold days at
the beach when they thought it was ALWAYS sunny here.

Old 25-06-2003, 02:32 AM
RichToyBox

Lee,

Do a search for Pentair - Rainbow 186 "Snap-Open" Leaf Trap 186.
The 1 1/2" hose size is what AES has.

--
RichToyBox

Old 25-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Michael Shaffer

If you think that's expensive look at their P7 strainer basket, was $230
to my door. I just returned it though because it wasn't working that well.

Old 25-06-2003, 05:20 PM
joe

RichToyBox wrote:

Lee,

Do a search for Pentair - Rainbow 186 "Snap-Open" Leaf Trap 186.
The 1 1/2" hose size is what AES has.

Rich,

Thanks, I ordered one this morning.

Joe not lee

fruit strainer parts notImpressed Texas 0 10-10-2011 02:28 AM
Tomato problems: potato leaf vs, regular leaf (cut leaf?) Joanne Edible Gardening 7 17-03-2005 08:53 PM
bottom strainer question. DAN Ponds 9 17-04-2004 08:12 PM
dark line on phal leaf rib dd Orchids 3 18-09-2003 04:42 PM
electric tomato strainer Richard Edible Gardening 0 22-07-2003 02:03 PM