Old 26-06-2003, 04:56 PM
joe

Default water falls

zookeeper wrote:

mark wrote:
hi can I use silicon to fill in the cracks in my waterfall,I want to use
silicon so the water will not run down the cracks but flow over them,should
I still use a liner ...

I don't really know if this is a good idea. The previous occupant of our
home built a pond 2 years before he moved and we purchased the house. He
used silicon to fill around the top of the pond liner, between and under
the edging rocks. Over time, as the rocks expand and contract in heat
and cold, the silicon has loosened and fallen out. If the cracks in your
waterfall are small enough, the silicon might work. Hope someone with
more experience also responds.

I think spray foam will be much better. It expands to fill the voids. It
won't keep out 100% of the water, but is way easier to deal with. (albeit
expensive).

Joe

Iridaceae - Iris Victoria Falls - bearded irisIridaceae - Iris Victoria Falls - bearded iris Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 2 01-02-2009 11:24 PM
water falls? hviking Ponds 6 19-04-2004 09:09 PM
The Big Dig - Hightower Falls, Beam, & Drain installation Update Critical Popperian Ponds 3 16-06-2003 09:00 PM
Wisteria "Amethyst Falls" MAC North Carolina 1 29-04-2003 11:56 PM
Bio filtering without bio falls ? Folklore Ponds 5 25-04-2003 12:56 AM