GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   k30a... are you a biologist? a teacher? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/34417-k30a-you-biologist-teacher.html)

Don 27-06-2003 04:08 AM

k30a... are you a biologist? a teacher?

You seem to have an answer for everything and most often speak from personal
experience. Everything from rats to bats. And you always give the right
answers, darn you ;)

K30a 27-06-2003 04:32 AM

k30a... are you a biologist? a teacher?

Not a biologist, just BIO SCI 101 in college
and a *wonderful* biology teacher in high school.
Not a teacher, though plan on getting a masters in teaching degree when the
twins go off to college.

I *am* a writer.
Have been published in pond/garden magazines
and have an extensive reference library, up to
80+ books. Have researched just about everything that lives in freshwater. It
is fascinating!

Right now I'm working on a book on wild ponds geared towards middle school aged
kids.

k30a

John Rutz 27-06-2003 06:08 AM

--
I want a copy please and you dont even have to autograph it

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Bonnie Espenshade 27-06-2003 01:20 PM

John Rutz wrote:

K30a wrote:

Not a biologist, just BIO SCI 101 in college
and a *wonderful* biology teacher in high school.
Not a teacher, though plan on getting a masters in teaching degree
when the
twins go off to college.

I *am* a writer.
Have been published in pond/garden magazines
and have an extensive reference library, up to
80+ books. Have researched just about everything that lives in
freshwater. It
is fascinating!

Right now I'm working on a book on wild ponds geared towards middle
school aged
kids.

k30a

And I follow John with a "me too"

--
Bonnie
NJ

Bob Adkins 27-06-2003 01:44 PM

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:10:03 GMT, "Don" wrote:

You seem to have an answer for everything and most often speak from personal
experience. Everything from rats to bats. And you always give the right
answers, darn you ;)

No, no he isn't. But he did sleep at a Holiday Inn. :-P

Bob

Bob Adkins 27-06-2003 02:32 PM

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:21:56 GMT, "Nedra" wrote:

But - k30a is a lady. A real honest to goodness lady ;-)

Uhhhhhh...huh? #:-o

Now I have to go back and see if I used any of my rough remarks.

Oh well, I suppose that's a hazard of using a pseudonym that's asexual.

Bob

K30a 27-06-2003 02:56 PM

k30a... are you a biologist? a teacher?

:-)

It goes by seasons and I've still got winter
left to write.
The adaptations each critter makes for winter are amazing.

k30a

Bob Adkins 27-06-2003 03:08 PM

k30a... are you a biologist? a teacher?

On 27 Jun 2003 13:48:05 GMT, ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

:-)

It goes by seasons and I've still got winter
left to write.
The adaptations each critter makes for winter are amazing.

Uhhhhh...huh? ;-)

Oh, but you are correct. Storing sugars in the tissues as anti-freeze,
digging prodigious holes, practically shutting down matabolism...it's
amazing. Some critters (most spiders and insects) take the coward's way out
and die before winter. But it's amazing their eggs survive the winter.

Bob