GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pond Cam (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/34617-pond-cam.html)

joe 28-06-2003 05:56 PM

Pond Cam

Hi all,

I just installed a pond cam. Please try it out and let me know if it works
okay.

http://www.bizqwick.com:81

It may ask you to login. If so the user id is "anyone", leave the password
blank.

If anyone sees the heron, call me at 858 272-0211 ;)

Joe

Gareee© 28-06-2003 06:08 PM

Pond Cam

It works fine.. how often does it update?

No Heron, but I did see bigfoot, I think...

Or was that a Chupecabra??

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

joe 28-06-2003 06:32 PM

Pond Cam

Gareee© wrote:

It works fine.. how often does it update?

I have it set at "auto", so depending on the load everywhere from once per
second to 20 times per second.

No Heron, but I did see bigfoot, I think...

If you look right now, you can see Colombo the turtle about half way up the
tree branch.

The picture is clearer when there is less sun shine.

Joe

John Rutz 28-06-2003 09:44 PM

Pond Cam

joe wrote:
Hi all,

I just installed a pond cam. Please try it out and let me know if it works
okay.

http://www.bizqwick.com:81

It may ask you to login. If so the user id is "anyone", leave the password
blank.

If anyone sees the heron, call me at 858 272-0211 ;)

Joe

I get a request for user name and password ????????

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

John Rutz 28-06-2003 09:56 PM

Pond Cam

--
ah never mind i didnt read the whole thin and no heron

linda jones 30-06-2003 02:20 AM

Pond Cam

that is a gorgeous pond

"A portrait is a painting with something wrong with the mouth." John
Singer Sargent

Bob Sisson 01-07-2003 06:32 PM

Pond Cam

I will ask for details on the CAM as we are thinking about the same thing...

How Much $
How Far from the House ?
Wired or Wireless?
How fast ...

Anything else you can think of...

Bob

joe 01-07-2003 08:32 PM

Pond Cam

Bob Sisson wrote:

I will ask for details on the CAM as we are thinking about the same thing...

How Much $

$260 - last Feb, probably less now
http://www.compuplus.com
Was cheapest at that time

How Far from the House ?

100'

Wired or Wireless?

wired
How fast ...

Depends ;)
You can set it for 1 to 20 frames per sec (or just on auto and it will
adjust to the load). You can also transmit a smaller picture and adjust the
compression rate. I see it in my home office and see okay movement. My wife,
at her office is getting about 1-5 frames per sec.

Anything else you can think of...

I'm a bit disappointed in the picture quality, but that varies also. It is
better when there is less range in the picture, ie- when there is no glare.
Over all though, I'm happy with it. We got it mostly so our family in the
colder climes could see it in winter. Yes, I know - that's nasty.

Joe

joe 01-07-2003 08:58 PM

Pond Cam

joe wrote:

I will ask for details on the CAM as we are thinking about the same thing...

How Much $

$260 - last Feb, probably less now

Oops, sorry. That was for the next up version (which we sent back).

We paid $194

BenignVanilla 02-07-2003 04:08 PM

Pond Cam

"joe" wrote in message
Bob Sisson wrote:

I will ask for details on the CAM as we are thinking about the same

thing...

How Much $

$260 - last Feb, probably less now
http://www.compuplus.com
Was cheapest at that time

How Far from the House ?

100'

snip

100 feet? What is the connection method, surely not USB.

BV.

joe 02-07-2003 05:08 PM

Pond Cam

BenignVanilla wrote:

100 feet? What is the connection method, surely not USB.

Fast Ethernet.

The camera is actually it's own web server (it will operate, once set up)
without a computer.

joe 02-07-2003 06:07 PM

Pond Cam

BenignVanilla wrote:

Sweet. What was the model and brand?

D-link dcs-1000

zookeeper 12-07-2003 08:20 PM

Pond Cam

joe wrote:
I just installed a pond cam. Please try it out and let me know if it works
okay.

http://www.bizqwick.com:81

Joe / Barbara: What is that gorgeous, huge white lily on the left side
of the pond? Is that a hardy or tropical? The bloom looks like it's 6-8
inches across, but I'm just guessing.
--
Kathy B

joe 12-07-2003 08:56 PM

Pond Cam

zookeeper wrote:

joe wrote:
I just installed a pond cam. Please try it out and let me know if it works
okay.

http://www.bizqwick.com:81

Joe / Barbara: What is that gorgeous, huge white lily on the left side
of the pond? Is that a hardy or tropical? The bloom looks like it's 6-8
inches across, but I'm just guessing.
--
Kathy B

Gladstoniana I think.

The flower is about 6". It's kind of odd, but in my garden I have a tendency
to put little labels around everywhere so I remember what specific cultivars
I have. I seem to have failed in total as far as the pond goes.

Joe