Old 30-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Barbara2245

Default Breakfast Guess

This morning my dogs raised a ruckus in the strawberry patch. I had
to look twice to be sure it wasn't a kitten but that bandits mask gave
it away. A baby racoon was breakfasting on my strawberries which would
explain why I wasn't getting ripe strawberries. I had to grab two 16
pound dogs and put them in the house. My fish net was handy to trap
it. It was scared but didn't run. I went in the house to get something
to put it in and my car keys. In the end I dumped it in the trees
about a block away. If it was eating strawberries it should find some
food in the trees, I should have tried to find if there was a wild
life rehabilitator around but they closed the local shelter.

Last summer I thought I saw a racoon or the neighbors cat in the
field. That iexplains the 6 feet of pots dumped in the pond in spring.
I bought a UV sterilizer to clear the algae but may have to turn it
off to protect the fish.

Why do wild animals bring or have their babies in the yard? Every year
we have bunnies running around and chewing up my flowers. Happy water
gardening.
Old 30-06-2003, 02:32 AM
K30a

Barbara2245 wrote

Why do wild animals bring or have their babies in the yard?

Because they know you are a kind soul?
;-)

k30a
Old 30-06-2003, 07:08 AM
DKat

Because human are wiping out animal habitat the size of a small city every
day in the U.S. Turns out that when we take their homes away they are
forced into ours.

Old 30-06-2003, 02:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"DKat" wrote in message
. net...
Because human are wiping out animal habitat the size of a small city every
day in the U.S. Turns out that when we take their homes away they are
forced into ours.

Er...uh...shouldn't the OP's question be, "Why do we keep building houses
where animals are having their babies?" *laugh*

BV.

Old 30-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Hank Pagel

If you only took him for a one block ride you will be sharing your
strawberries with him again soon. Their average range is much larger
than that and berries and fish taste better than trees.
om...

Old 30-06-2003, 04:08 PM
John Rutz

--

sounds like you have a perrfect yard if the wildlife feels cofortable
in it congrats

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 01-07-2003, 01:44 AM
Barbara2245

John Rutz wrote in message ...
Barbara2245 wrote:
[...]

This is Monday and two more babies or the little guy came back twice
today, I called the Game Warden who said they hate moth balls. So off
to the little country store down the road and spent $16 on four boxes
of mothballs. Tomorrow I will try the Dollar Tree for some. I will
line the yard with mothballs. Happy water gardening.

Old 01-07-2003, 10:25 PM
DKat

or *cry*

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in