GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   drinking straw works, I think (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/35178-drinking-straw-works-i-think.html)

comcast news 01-07-2003 11:26 PM

drinking straw works, I think

I built a filter out of 25,000 7.75"x0.125" straws about a month ago and
the water cleared a whole lot over the past few days. I'm not sure if
this has anything to do with it but I also added a bunch of iron,
potash, and epsom salts about a week before it cleared (much more than
anyone here ever suggests).

Phyllis and Jim Hurley 02-07-2003 04:44 AM

drinking straw works, I think

Will the straws clog? Does water flow through them? Are they just surface?

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley

MattR 02-07-2003 06:43 AM

drinking straw works, I think

no (big holes), yes, yes (lots and cheap)