GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Highest Quality Pumps (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/35671-highest-quality-pumps.html)

stricks760 06-07-2003 07:08 PM

Highest Quality Pumps

Hi -

Specifically what brand of pumps are know to be / thought to be the 'best'?
I've seen price ranges (at 2000 to 3000 GPH) from $ 169 to $ 469.

The OASE aquamax 3700 seems to fit the bill - at about $ 350 - but is there
something better? [I don't mind spending a few extra bucks for energy
efficiency and lifetime].

Thanks!

Lee Brouillet 08-07-2003 02:08 PM

Highest Quality Pumps

I don't have one, but my understanding from the "high end" koi ponders is
that anything made by W. Lim (Dragon Pumps or others in the line) are
practically indestructable. They are a top quality pump for not much more $$
than others.

Here's one source:
http://www.koiko.com/store/page8.html

and here's another:

http://www.powerpluspumps.com/bestpumps.htm

This site is particularly good because it has a variety of pumps. I
purchased one of the Best Pond Pumps (cheap!) and it runs like a champ.

Lee