GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   decorative Bridge question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/35769-decorative-bridge-question.html)

Larry D. Gibbs 07-07-2003 08:03 PM

decorative Bridge question

I currently have a pond and want to make a decorative Bridge over it. It
will be for decorative purposes only. I would like to know if anyone has a
plan to build one.

--

Larry D. Gibbs

WWW.LarryGibbs.Com

Only left handed people are in their right mind.

Sue Walsh 08-07-2003 02:08 AM

decorative Bridge question

Larry,

I knew I remembered seeing bridge directions someplace and I did find it, try here.

http://groups.msn.com/TheOldGardenPo...rwebpage2.msnw

Go for it, a bridge over my stream is one of my future ideas (not enough $$ now)

Sue W

bighead 08-07-2003 04:32 AM

decorative Bridge question

Hi, i have a very simple bridge over my pond. It was made by taking
two, 2x6x8 and cutting each end at an angle about 18 inches long, down
to a depth of about 1 inch. I know this is hard to visualize, but it
gives a slight slope at each end of the bridge. Then simply nail 2x6's
across them to form the bridge. Mine is about 32 inches wide. It's
very simple, very inexpensive and it looks really good. I painted it
a deep forest green and have gotten lots of compliments

Roger

Larry D. Gibbs 08-07-2003 06:09 PM

decorative Bridge question

Thanks for the fast response your bridge look really good, I think I will
use your design.

Larry D. Gibbs 08-07-2003 06:11 PM