GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I wanted to cry this A.M. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/35840-i-wanted-cry-m.html)

Lori 08-07-2003 02:08 AM

I wanted to cry this A.M.

Looked out at my little 1/2 whiskey barrel water garden on my deck,
that had a hyacinth blooming yesterday, and parrot feathers standing
so prettily among the water lily leaves, to see.........

.... it was trashed!!!!! Good thing I had no fishies in there.

Can only blame the 'coons that have taken up residence in my crawl
space.

I don't think I am going to wait for the landlord to have this crawl
space problem corrected, think I will call animal control and have it
taken care of promptly!

Had to vent.....

K30a 08-07-2003 02:32 AM

I wanted to cry this A.M.

Dratted raccoons!
They are one of the few animals that have
thrived with the settling of the United States.

Hope animal control can catch them right away.

k30a

Bob Adkins 08-07-2003 01:08 PM

I wanted to cry this A.M.

On 08 Jul 2003 01:23:56 GMT, ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

Dratted raccoons!
They are one of the few animals that have
thrived with the settling of the United States.

Hope animal control can catch them right away.

Animals that have adapted well to city life, and may indeed live right in
your yard:

squirrel
flying squirrel
rabbit
coyote
fox
skunk
raccoon
opossum
armadillo
deer
dove
raptors
alligator
many lesser animals

Animals and people will clash more and more as we take their last remaining
habitat. Even large predators will move in to feed on most of the above.

Bob