GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can you identify this frog? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/35986-can-you-identify-frog.html)

Benign Vanilla 09-07-2003 04:08 AM

Can you identify this frog?

We have, we think, six of these frogs/toads in our pond now. I say I think,
because there are a few that are skittish, and we believe they may be a
different color then this one.

http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/easyurl/whattypefrog.htm

BV.

K30a 09-07-2003 05:44 AM

Can you identify this frog?

Paging thru my Audubon guide, the frog looks a green frog. They are bronze and
green. The green on the lip area is a marker for this frog. Dorsolateral
ridges do not reach the groin area. If he is a male he will make a twangy banjo
call. Native to the east.

k30a

Bob Adkins 09-07-2003 11:32 AM

Can you identify this frog?

wrote:

We have, we think, six of these frogs/toads in our pond now. I say I think,
because there are a few that are skittish, and we believe they may be a
different color then this one.

http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/easyurl/whattypefrog.htm

'Scuse me. Green frog. K30A is right, as usual.

Bob

Bonnie Espenshade 09-07-2003 01:08 PM

Can you identify this frog?

Benign Vanilla wrote:
We have, we think, six of these frogs/toads in our pond now. I say I think,
because there are a few that are skittish, and we believe they may be a
different color then this one.

http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/easyurl/whattypefrog.htm

BV.

Looks like a green frog to me. The ridge is a good clue.

--
Bonnie
NJ

BenignVanilla 09-07-2003 01:56 PM

Can you identify this frog?

"K30a" wrote in message

Paging thru my Audubon guide, the frog looks a green frog. They are

bronze and
green. The green on the lip area is a marker for this frog. Dorsolateral
ridges do not reach the groin area. If he is a male he will make a twangy

banjo
call. Native to the east.

So far no noise from these guys. I love watching them though.

BV.

Hank Pagel 09-07-2003 02:44 PM

Can you identify this frog?

I would say Green frog also. Because of the ridge and on a bull frog
the ear is noticeable and the feet are webbed more. I prefer the
greens. They are quieter and have more sociable eating habits.
"Benign Vanilla" wrote in
message ...

John Hines 09-07-2003 04:22 PM

Can you identify this frog?

"BenignVanilla" m
wrote:

"K30a" wrote in message

Paging thru my Audubon guide, the frog looks a green frog. They are

bronze and
green. The green on the lip area is a marker for this frog. Dorsolateral
ridges do not reach the groin area. If he is a male he will make a twangy

banjo
call. Native to the east.

So far no noise from these guys. I love watching them though.

Probably not mature yet.

Anne Lurie 09-07-2003 10:47 PM

Can you identify this frog?

Here's a repost of the Amphibian Checklist (can't recall who originally
posted it, but thank you whoever you are!):
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/narcam/idguide/index.htm

I've been trying to ID my sometime-resident frog, but I had no luck going
from memory -- the next time I see the frog, who didn't seem the least bit
skittish, I'll take some pictures of it!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Wendy Kelly Budd 10-07-2003 03:34 PM

Can you identify this frog?

This is a nice list, but appears to be East Coast only (only clicked 5 toads
so far). Another site is,
http://www.nbii.gov/disciplines/herp...hecklists.html and it
has Canada.

--
Wendy* in N. California,
"You might not always get what you want, but you always get what you

. com...