Old 10-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Rob

Default Bleach in a fountain?

I have read that I can use bleach in an outdoor fountain (no plants or
fish) to remove algae. Does anyone know the amount of bleach? Also,
I have a dog and want it to be safe for him as well as wildlife.

Finally, would I just add the bleach and wait for the tons of algae to
go away or do I need to clean it out first. Cleaning first is a
little difficult because the fountain is a natural one we made with
lots of rocks (as opposed to the concrete store-bought type).

Thanks.

start with something like physan or maybe a weak frank mitch newton bleach mix. fmn2 Orchids 0 09-08-2003 06:32 PM
Bleach in a fountain?/ hey salt people can we discuss this? K30a Ponds 12 18-07-2003 11:29 PM
Bleach in a fountain? Rob Ponds 12 14-07-2003 12:32 PM
Bleach in a fountain? paghat Gardening 3 14-07-2003 12:32 PM
Does bleach affect plant roots? Dave United Kingdom 0 15-10-2002 01:10 PM