Old 12-07-2003, 04:44 PM
PondWoman

Default Did I miss anyones ?'s

Did I miss anyones questions, if so, please let me know
PondWoman
www.bluewaters.us
Old 12-07-2003, 06:08 PM
Go Fig

In article ,
(PondWoman) wrote:

Did I miss anyones questions, if so, please let me know
PondWoman
www.bluewaters.us

The Bio Booster represents a substantial departure from the traditional use
of chemicals. In the past, there were not any environmentally and effective
solutions for water problems. Today, with Bio Booster, there are

I think the Winston Co, that has been around since the 60s, would say
that this is an outright lie.

I take it you are not that familiar with the techniques many
municipalities use to clean up their waste water and have for years and
years.

jay
Sat, Jul 12, 2003

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."
Old 12-07-2003, 06:20 PM
bobkiely

This is just my opinion here so don't condemn the whole group for what I'm
about to say but:
Your lack of creditability stems from the total invisibility of you or your
company or the manufacturer of Bio Booster. You sonder in here totally
anonymous and refer people to your web page which makes a lot of claims
which may even be accurate and true. The problem is there is no one listed
on your web page who can be found to take responsibility for those claims.
"Pondwoman"...who the hell is Pondwoman?

The first thing legitimate companies do when the build a web page is put the
name of their company, their address, phone number and even have a sub
category as to their credentials and a bio on the company...there is none of
that on your page and the excuse that you don't have time to finish the web
site just doesn't fly with me. If you're legit you finish the web site
before you steer people to it. Who knows, people could send you money and
you send them pixie dust and they can never find you....It's worse than
SPAM...in my opinion, it looks like SCAM!
BK

om...

Old 12-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Snooze

"PondWoman" wrote in message
om...
Did I miss anyones questions, if so, please let me know
PondWoman
www.bluewaters.us

Debbie, marketing a product in a chat-forum, usenet or message board is
risky business if you're going to strut in like a Greek God that came for a
stroll from Mt. Olympus. Remember there are plenty of representatives of
other pond equipment firms lurking about. There are also plenty of people
who have been managing ponds professionally and as a hobby for many years
active and lurking about.

You first need to establish some credibility in the channel, by answering
questions honestly and with little hype. For example if someone posts a
question about algae problems they are experiencing you might answer it with
something like this:

I have found the most effective algae control is performed by doing this,
that, and the other thing. At Bluewater we also make a product called "blah
blah blah," that we feel aids in keeping the water clean and clear.

Old 12-07-2003, 07:33 PM
John Rutz

bobkiely wrote:
[...]

she shows two thre years of a pond without algae on her webstit so this
stuff has to have been around
it it truly works for algae control how come some of the hundreds of
Companys that cater to ponding dont also sell it ????

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 12-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Anne Lurie

Here are a few questions:

Why are you being so doggoned pushy? You just sauntered in here (to quote
another poster) yesterday, as far as I can tell. (And into
uk.rec.fishing.game -- where, BTW, I can't wait to see your reply to
Malcolm, who asked if algae are edible!)

Who are you, anyway? Who makes Bio Booster?

Why direct us to a website that is so incredibly lame as to beggar belief?
Why are the pictures on the website so poor? (Actually, the thumbnails are
much poorer than the actual pictures.) Any number of posters to rec.ponds
have put up pictures of much higher quality [(at least technically! ], and
they aren't trying to sell us something, except maybe for spreading "pond
fever"!

Why don't you bring a sense of humor with you when you post to a newsgroup,
*especially* if you're intent on selling us something? (Although I have to
admit that I got a chuckle out of your response "I work in brackish as well
as fresh water." Dang, I could almost see you in there, just wadin' around
in that brackish water!)

Just my $.02,

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

om...

Old 12-07-2003, 10:56 PM
Hank Pagel

Boy!!!! I sure am glad I didn't try to sell anything to this NG. The
flames are melting my keyboard.
Now I have to go to that UK NG to see if an ALGAE DIET could be a
threat to Atkins.
PW get a sense of humor or your toast here.
ALGAE TOAST the new snack bar. Comes in 17,000 freshwater flavors.

om...

Old 13-07-2003, 07:44 AM
malcolm

musings from somebody who haunts uk.rec.fishing.game.
thanks for quoting me Annie,
I am English and now living in the USA,
one thing I heard long ago on BBC Radio 4,
was the wonder discovery that bales of Straw dropped into water kills Algae,
prob an old country thing that Scientists have rediscovered, as the Grass
family of plants live on the ground,
and are damp from dew and rain, they need a built in Algae killer.
regards malcolm

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

om...

Old 13-07-2003, 07:44 AM
malcolm

people in New York eat Grass products, not the illegal kind, macrobiotic
variety, so I have read etc.

"Hank Pagel" wrote in message
. ..
Boy!!!! I sure am glad I didn't try to sell anything to this NG. The
flames are melting my keyboard.
Now I have to go to that UK NG to see if an ALGAE DIET could be a
threat to Atkins.
PW get a sense of humor or your toast here.
ALGAE TOAST the new snack bar. Comes in 17,000 freshwater flavors.

om...

Old 13-07-2003, 08:08 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Snooze,
I love your suggestion. If it's ok with you II intend to put it in my
practise.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 13-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Gilbert

"malcolm" wrote in message

musings from somebody who haunts uk.rec.fishing.game.
thanks for quoting me Annie,
I am English and now living in the USA,
one thing I heard long ago on BBC Radio 4,
was the wonder discovery that bales of Straw dropped into water kills

Algae,
prob an old country thing that Scientists have rediscovered, as the Grass
family of plants live on the ground,
and are damp from dew and rain, they need a built in Algae killer.
regards malcolm

I heard it is specifically barley straw

Cheers!
Gilbert

Old 13-07-2003, 04:32 PM
PondWoman

WOW, I had to replace 4 keys this morning from the meltdown. Let me
see if I can try and answer all the questions or comments.
Annie, yes, LOL i do wade sometimes, and I keep a picture of a little
2 ft alligator on my desk to remind me there are dangerous critters
lurking out there!
I came to the ponds site to give back a little of what I have been
blessed with. I dont sell to small pond owners. The ones who contact
me directly that have seen my work or know of it, I go out, take
readings review the situation and give them enough product along with
instructions, to get them headed in
the right direction. Sometimes I do this over the phone or via email.
Alot of this comes from referrals of people who I have already helped.
All this is done on my own time, I am not compensated in any way. In
return I make many friends and in some small way, help with our
environment. The website was set up for people who know me and my
work. Pictures are worth a thousand words they say, altho I admit I am
no photographer! My html skills are even more limited. I went ahead
and set up a forum for any folks who just wanted some practical
information.
I am in no way compensated for any of the information I was providing
here. Its all on my own time.
You are right in the fact there is no company mentioned and no place
to buy product. Yes, the company I work for has an intricate site, but
there is no mention of buying product, just technical information and
contact numbers along with pictures and information. Altho, in the
near future you may see product available to a larger retailer, this
is not my project and I will not be compensated in any way.
I am a believer in sharing information and also a believer in giving
back some of what has been given me.
My projects involve utility companies, research universities, new
product development, institutions, lake management firms, etc. I am a
member of many professional aquatics associations.
I do work in wastewater, altho its not my favorite job, I do it.
My work with small pond owners is all non gratis. I like it that way,
I have done my part and get a great satisfaction from that work.
Im not out to make any money here, I have been blessed in many ways.
Everything is not always about money.
I will read your posts, and if I can contribute I will, never want to
be considered pushy. I will never flame another poster or publically
disagree with any mention of treatment. If I see a post I agree with,
I will agree. My sole purpose here was to just share information I
have learned over the years.
PW ( which by the way was a nic name from a coworker, I am the only
female
Old 13-07-2003, 05:08 PM
malcolm

dont worry about it, all good fun, part of the usenet newsgroup scene.
blatent outright selling is frowned on, but info and advice is welcome.

m...

Old 13-07-2003, 05:08 PM
Theo van Daele

Pondwoman...

I am not compensated in any way

I am in no way compensated for any of the information I was providing

and I will not be compensated in any way.

My work with small pond owners is all non gratis.

(slip of the keyboard I hope )

Im not out to make any money here

Right...

So far you have contributed absolutely nothing, gratis or not. "Good
bacteria" and "bad bacteria" ? Erm... ?

You can not blame people on here for being a bit flabberghasted by your
posting style. OK, maybe your internet skills are lacking, and you are
genuine. Stranger things have happened.

However.

We'll see in the next few weeks, but I'm not holding my breath :-)

What's your pond of view about biospira BTW ? As a professional I'm sure
you have a POV ? What's your position on suspended algae versus string
algae ?

Theo

(paid with a lollypop given by his wife for this post ! )

Old 13-07-2003, 05:08 PM
malcolm

advice good or bad (bad allows people to argue),
the usenet newsgroups now that everybody has internet,
is doing for "everything" what it did for the Science community in the past,
ie; flow of ideas and information around the world.
regards malcolm

"PondWoman" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Did I get compost or did I get ripped off? [email protected] Gardening 10 08-11-2005 09:01 PM
I Miss My Pond!!! Broomhilda Ponds 26 06-02-2004 09:20 AM
Lantana "Miss Huff" Beth Peace North Carolina 3 01-05-2003 05:45 PM
what do I miss? laz Freshwater Aquaria Plants 12 20-04-2003 06:16 AM
Near miss Dominic United Kingdom 5 16-04-2003 10:09 PM