GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pump to run fountain (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/36396-pump-run-fountain.html)

Scott Teetsel 13-07-2003 03:08 AM

Pump to run fountain

I currently have a small pump that is circulating my water just right. I
want to add a fountain and can attach it to the pump, but that slows the
other flow. So, should I get a larger pump, or should I have a small pump
dedicated just the fountain? I don't want to have to keep adjusting the
other flow to compensate for the times I do not run the fountain.

Scott

Charles 13-07-2003 03:20 AM

Pump to run fountain

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 02:00:00 GMT, "Scott Teetsel"
wrote:

I currently have a small pump that is circulating my water just right. I
want to add a fountain and can attach it to the pump, but that slows the
other flow. So, should I get a larger pump, or should I have a small pump
dedicated just the fountain? I don't want to have to keep adjusting the
other flow to compensate for the times I do not run the fountain.

Scott

I would suggest a separate pump, that way you don't have to worry
about keeping them balanced.

--

- Charles
-