GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dead heading water lilly flowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/36409-dead-heading-water-lilly-flowers.html)

Steve Jackson 13-07-2003 10:08 AM

Dead heading water lilly flowers

Do you get increased numbers of water lilly flowers if you dead head
them in the same way you treat land based plants?
--
Steve

Hal 13-07-2003 04:08 PM

Dead heading water lilly flowers

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:38:57 +0100, Steve Jackson
wrote:

Do you get increased numbers of water lilly flowers if you dead head
them in the same way you treat land based plants?

I haven't been able to get in the water and remove dead stems this
year and really can't tell the difference in their production of
blooms. I moved some into larger pots this spring and that seems to
encourage more blooms.

Regards,

Hal

~ jan JJsPond.us 13-07-2003 11:14 PM

wrote:

Do you get increased numbers of water lilly flowers if you dead head
them in the same way you treat land based plants?

Supposedly. You also are removing material that would rot otherwise and
foul the water. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~