Old 04-03-2003, 05:27 AM
derboni

Default My pond is freezing like a bowl????

HI,

Does anyone know why my pond freezes like a big bowl? This year I had my
pond dug so its a 4:1 pitch all the way around the perimeter to the
center. So everything tapers into the pond. The center of the pond is
5 feet deep and it gets gradually gets deeper as you get to the center
of the pond. The beginning of the year it froze perfectly flat but thru
the winter the center sunk deeper like a bowl. I don't know why this is
doing this??? The year before it was all the same depth through out the
pond, 3 feet and it never did that. I like to play hockey on this pond
but I want to know if I dig the outter edges deeper maybe 2 feet along
the edge if that would take care of the problem so it would freeze flat.
I would like to get some feedback if anyone out there has an idea
what's going on. Thanks in advance.
http://web2news.com/?rec.ponds
Old 04-03-2003, 06:03 AM
KenCo

derboni wrote:

[...]

the edges are getting ground freeze and the center
is melting down w/ the thermal current.

insulate the side w/ foundation insulation to keep
it at a steady temp.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.