Old 16-07-2003, 06:20 AM
Sue Alexandre

Default Baby koi or goldfish?

Hi.
I found some fish eggs on one of my plants a few weeks ago, so I took the plant from the big koi and golfish pond and put it in the new, smaller turtle pond. I figured when the goldfish hatched, it would be good food for the turtles. Today I noticed about 10 baby fish (no more than 1/2 long) and all of them are colors (white, yellow, orange) Does this mean they are baby koi instead of baby goldfish? I think I remember reading that goldfish of this size are always black, so if they're already showing colors, can I assume they're koi? If so, I think I better rescue them from the turtle pond and put them back in the koi pond!
Sue
Old 16-07-2003, 06:21 AM
Jerrispond

noticed about 10 baby fish (no more =
than 1/2 long) and all of them are colors (white, yellow, orange) Does this

mean they are baby koi instead of baby goldfish?
I think Iremember reading that goldfish of this size are always black, so

ifthey're already showing colors, can I assume they're koi?

goldfish are black....but shubunkins and sarasas (types of goldfish) get color
very early. If you have a true yellow however they are probably koi. Jerri

2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
beautiful baby koi.... on catfishfood - some koi/gf mix ~ Windsong ~ Ponds 9 15-11-2003 08:12 PM
Anybody in Toronto GTA Area want baby Goldfish?? Ian Ponds 1 07-09-2003 02:32 PM
First Baby Goldfish JJ Ponds 3 26-06-2003 11:20 PM
Baby Goldfish dave Ponds 1 28-04-2003 04:08 PM