GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   dig vertical walls - racoons won't bother koi (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/36788-dig-vertical-walls-racoons-wont-bother-koi.html)

160meters 16-07-2003 07:21 AM

dig vertical walls - racoons won't bother koi

I have had a pond for quite a few years, and every night the racoons come up
from the river, about 60 feet away, and not once have they bothered my fish.
The walls are vertical, pond is over 3 feet deep, they will *not* go into
the water if they can't touch bottom. We probably have a hundred racoons in
the half mile radius, the Trask River is about 10 - 30 feet deep now, and
never has there been a problem

http://www.oregoncoast.com/blondie/digging2.htm click on the racoon pix
at top. I never ever feed these wild animals, by the way.

They were here first, I am the encroacher, don't mess with Mother Nature...
She'll getcha!

Sue

"bobkiely" wrote in message
IFSKR: Hey....I might have rushed to judgement about the coyote urine when

said it doesn't work....I'm now undecided. I didn't take it back like I
said I was going to and it has been there for 8 days and he only came back
the one time.

I'm going to let it ride a little longer before I make up my mind. As you
may have seen me write...we DO have coyotes here.
BK