GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Problem with Greg's DIY filter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/36869-problem-gregs-diy-filter.html)

MISSYMAGICGIRL 17-07-2003 12:30 AM

Problem with Greg's DIY filter

I made his filter as designed. I used two because I have a 3000 gph pump. My
water is cloudy, still dirty and barely see my fish! I have even changed some
of the water and added filter materials and still no improvement. I am ready to
buy a premade filter which I was going to at first.

What am I doing wrong?? Any idea's??

Thanks in advance,

Sacha

joe 17-07-2003 12:30 AM

MISSYMAGICGIRL wrote:

I made his filter as designed. I used two because I have a 3000 gph pump. My
water is cloudy, still dirty and barely see my fish! I have even changed some
of the water and added filter materials and still no improvement. I am ready
buy a premade filter which I was going to at first.

What am I doing wrong?? Any idea's??

Sacha,

Where can we see the plans? Is there a link? When you say cloudy, do you
mean green or actually grayish?

Joe

PS Nice to see you posting.

claude rogers 17-07-2003 12:30 AM

Problem with Greg's DIY filter

Are you refering to the barrel filter that Greg made, I am using a
modification of that filter, what are you using for filter material, I am
using buffer pads and bonded padding on top to remove the smallest particals
and have crystal clear water, oh ya , also have a uv filter in line...Claude