Old 18-07-2003, 01:32 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Default Fountain head attachment

I have lost the paperwork for my Sam's Club prefab pond (the one with the
smaller pond that waterfalls into a larger one). I want to see if I can find
a fancier fountain head for it, but am not sure if I can put another
company's fountain head on my pump. Right now I have the standard bell on
it. I'm bored with it. LOL

Does anyone else have one of these and know where I can find another
fountainhead that will fit?

--
LN in NH (new gardener in zone 5)
photos.yahoo.com/lns_obsessed

Old 18-07-2003, 01:32 AM
jammer

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:25:45 GMT, "LN \(remove NOSPAM\)"
wrote:

I have lost the paperwork for my Sam's Club prefab pond (the one with the
smaller pond that waterfalls into a larger one). I want to see if I can find
a fancier fountain head for it, but am not sure if I can put another
company's fountain head on my pump. Right now I have the standard bell on
it. I'm bored with it. LOL

Does anyone else have one of these and know where I can find another
fountainhead that will fit?

Actually i have seen them JUST below the surface with no bell, etc,
and it looks kinda cool.

Old 18-07-2003, 02:35 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I would LOVE to have something similar to this:
http://www.oasefountain.com/nozzles/nozb.htm
but not sure if that is possible with my setup.

Old 18-07-2003, 03:48 AM
Wilson

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
I have lost the paperwork for my Sam's Club prefab pond (the one with the
smaller pond that waterfalls into a larger one). I want to see if I can

find
a fancier fountain head for it, but am not sure if I can put another
company's fountain head on my pump. Right now I have the standard bell on
it. I'm bored with it. LOL

Does anyone else have one of these and know where I can find another
fountainhead that will fit?

My parents got this, and it looks pretty sharp. It worked with the pump
that came with her Wal-Mart 120 prefab but I noticed she did have an adaptor
piece that I don't think came with that pump....possibly it came with
multiple adaptors. shrug

~Wilson~

Old 18-07-2003, 04:12 AM
RichToyBox

Take the fountain part of the pump to any pond store and they should be able
to fix you up. I think they all use standard size tubing into the spitter
portion.
--
RichToyBox

Old 18-07-2003, 05:52 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

We don't have any pond stores. I'd have to order online, that's why I was
wondering if anyone had experience with this. I did buy one at a garden shop
that happened to have one fountain head in stock and it did not fit my set
up. I have to take it back now. They are 1.5 hrs from me. Around here, I'm
finding some regular garden shops carry pond plants, but they don't
advertise, so I find them by accident.

Thanks.

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

Old 18-07-2003, 05:52 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

They have measurements listed on that website. Do I measure the top opening
(where the bell attachment goes) to get that info? If so, it is 1.25"
diameter. I'm thinking that can't be right cuz the prices for that size are
in the hundreds.

Old 19-07-2003, 12:40 AM
Anne Lurie

LN,

I missed your original post, but I have a few suggestions, as I know what
it's like not to have a "local pond store" (see my posts in another thread).

If there's a Sam's Club near you (much more likely than a pond store, IMHO),
take another look at the brands sold there.

What brand is your pump? (There should be a label on it somewhere.) Try
checking for the website of the manufacturer; you should be able to find the
dimensions of your pump there.

In my teeny water garden, I have a Little Giant pump; I recently bought
replacement "tube-thingy" at Lowes' Home Center, complete with 3 heads; I
assume that Home Depot would sell the same.

As for the boredom -- do you have any fish in your pond? There's a
*whole* lot more to think about if you have fish and/or plants!!! (OTOH,
it's a lot easier to bring in a pump in NH winter than drain pond & bring in
fish, etc.)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 19-07-2003, 06:22 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I'll answer all below:

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. com...
LN,

I missed your original post, but I have a few suggestions, as I know what
it's like not to have a "local pond store" (see my posts in another

thread).

If there's a Sam's Club near you (much more likely than a pond store,

IMHO),
take another look at the brands sold there.

Yes, that's where we bought the pond (prefab). We aren't members, but a
friend who is came with me. You should have seen us trying to get that huge
thing in my van. Finally did once I took it all out of the box. LOL

What brand is your pump? (There should be a label on it somewhere.) Try
checking for the website of the manufacturer; you should be able to find

the
dimensions of your pump there.

Good idea. I'll have to go look. AGAIN. LOL Fish are getting a little
curious about why I keep picking up that pump. Knocked a snail off of it
tonight when I was taking it out to get a better look at it. (why didn't I
think to look for the manufacturer?)

In my teeny water garden, I have a Little Giant pump; I recently bought
replacement "tube-thingy" at Lowes' Home Center, complete with 3 heads; I
assume that Home Depot would sell the same.

As for the boredom -- do you have any fish in your pond? There's a
*whole* lot more to think about if you have fish and/or plants!!! (OTOH,
it's a lot easier to bring in a pump in NH winter than drain pond & bring

in
fish, etc.)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

I do have some gold fish. I think 8, but have only seen 7 consistantly. I
also have plants. Just wanted the pretty fountain spray. We don't drain
our pond, but do bring our babies in cuz the pond isn't deep enough for
them. They would become Mrs. Paul's.