Old 18-07-2003, 01:22 PM
BenignVanilla

Default If I Could Do it All Over...

I'd...

....have all of my plumbing enter the VF at the same location so I could peel
the liner back to re-work the hole. Right now, I have a pipe on one end and
on one side, so I can only peek it back so far.
....bury my plumbing much deeper and have it enter from the bottom of the
pond, so I could then have it go as high as I want, or keep it low.
....be careful not to contaminate my water with the surrounding clay as I
worked around the lined hole.
....spend more time working wrinkles, folds, etc. out of my liner.
....consider how hard it will be to work on the pond, with a 1/3 of it is
under a bunch of pine trees.
....I'd create more shelves at different depths, and make them totally flat
instead of angled slightly towards the bottom drain. This would give me more
choices in plant placement, and make maintenance much easier.

Care to add to the list?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

Old 18-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Wilson

BenignVanilla wrote in message
[...]

And much, much bigger......

~Wilson~

Old 18-07-2003, 05:52 PM
John Hines

"BenignVanilla" wrote:

Care to add to the list?

More truckloads of clay out, a couple of topsoil in?
Old 18-07-2003, 08:41 PM
john rutz

BenignVanilla wrote:
[...]

use a level to check the bottom of the pond and make sure everything is at the level- slope you want and no

unexpected humps found after the liner is in place funny how dirt can
look level but the liner doesnt

Old 19-07-2003, 08:02 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Good one!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 19-07-2003, 04:22 PM
John Hines

"Just Me \"Koi\"" wrote:

Good one!

I actually feel sorry for him, with that much clay he is going to have a
hard time getting anything to grow.

Once a pond expands into multiple truckloads out/in, moving a couple of
extra yards of stuff isn't a problem.
Old 21-07-2003, 02:52 PM
BenignVanilla

"john rutz" wrote in message
[...]

I really thought we'd get a lot more additions to this list. I guess yer all
a bunch of perfect ponders eh? *Laugh* Oh well, back to my orange pond.

BV.

Old 21-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Chad

Ok then, In all seriousness. I would move further south... for a
longer pond season in addition to buying a larger lot for larger
ponds.
Old 21-07-2003, 09:28 PM
Chad

Old 21-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Chad

Old 23-07-2003, 01:32 AM
ann in houston

John Hines wrote in message . ..
"BenignVanilla" wrote:

Care to add to the list?

More truckloads of clay out, a couple of topsoil in?

have a better understanding or how the bottom drain was supposed to go
in, so as not to waste the expensive sucker. Put more effort into
figuring out how to have a skimmer on an above ground installation.
Ann