GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Online buying (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/37748-re-online-buying.html)

Susan H. Simko 21-07-2003 04:32 PM

Online buying

Anne Lurie wrote:

I suppose that I might feel "safer" (or more trusting) if I could go to a
store "down the street" but the only thing less than a 10-minute drive
(one-way) is a gas station & hairdresser. Soooo...... to make my point, I
buy online all the time (just as I ordered from catalogues for 20 years
before that, *especially* for Christmas presents, as life is too short for
me to box up stuff & stand in line at the post office).

I think every UPS guy in the area knows our address by now. *grin* I
hate to shop with the exception of Lowes, Home Depot and grocery stores.
The variety online is *wonderful* and without ever having to leave my
home. This leaves a lot more time for reading, gardening and ponding.
Besides, by ordering online I usually get exactly what I want with no
compromises. My s.o.'s mother is constantly amazed by the fact that I
buy almost all my plants for the yard from online stores. IF she wasn't
so adverse to it, she too could have a chocolate peppermint plant and a
lime scented geranium. *grin*

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu