GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Catfish (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/37937-catfish.html)

Cin1754 22-07-2003 05:12 PM

Catfish

I was offered a small catfish for my pond. I have 5 koi, and several other
small goldfish. Is a catfish a good idea to add? I have plenty of room for an
extra fish.

Gregory Young 23-07-2003 01:43 AM

Catfish

There are a number of catfish available for freshwater ponds, ie channel
cats, etc, etc.
Problem is as they grow they eat smaller fish.
Yours may be ok at first, but when it gets bigger you will have to deal with
the above.
On the other hand if you want to prevent overpopulation, by eliminating
offspring, the catfish will do that nicely...
Happy ponding,
Greg