Old 23-07-2003, 12:22 PM
*muffin*

Default charts???

have any of you made 'up' charts to use for recording water testing, meds
added, etc.?? maybe on power point or some other program?

want to share with the rest of us???

the koi KHA site has one , but not enough room to write...

muffin . looking at scraps of paper.........

Old 23-07-2003, 11:42 PM
jammer

It should be easy to draw one up on MS Word , Excel, or some such
program...

Old 24-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Anne Lurie

If you have Power Point, you most likely have Excel.

How about keeping it relatively simple: Date across the top, other
parameters down the side?

Or go to the local office supply store & buy an accounting ledger. Figure
out what info you want to record, write it down, transfer it to Excel.

Come to think of it, my directions are probably reversed!
Unless you take your laptop computer to the pond with you (don't laugh!),
start by buying paper large enough to write down everything you want to
track.

Then, if you want to get some sense of a "trend" you can enter the info into
Excel and make a *chart* (besides, charts are the most fun I ever had with
Excel!) Okay, so it wasn't all that much fun -- but when I lived in
northern VT on a Christmas tree farm, I tracked rainfall. With Excel, even
a duffer like me could create a chart that showed me comparative rainfall
(by month) for various years.

Another thought: you might look for a "gardener's journal" as the set-up is
much the same, plus they usually have lots of room for notes.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 24-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Tom La Bron

Anne Lurie,

What do you need to chart. When you have an outside pond and a
thousand plus gallons of water, your water parameters should change
very little, unless you are tracking DO in the summer time as the
temperatures climb. I run around 1200 gallons and the only time mine
show any kind of shift is when we get 3 to 5 inches of rain in an hour
or less, but in a matter of hours is right back to where it always is,
pH-8.3, KH- 135ppm, GH -200ppm, zero everything else.

Tom L.L.
===================================

Old 25-07-2003, 04:12 AM
*muffin*

welll besides, water testing stuff.
I can think of:
when you add fish.
fish die
any sickness
any medicines,, added, when
things also like potash, salt, koizyme
any new pet food fed,
etc etc.when plants are added,,

OK. I asked because I "LOVE" computer charts etc, etc, ,but do not have the
time or challenge to make one, (know nothing of power point, or excel..)
I thought someone else must have done this!! (paper...........fooey)

"Tom La Bron" wrote in message
om...
Anne Lurie,

What do you need to chart. When you have an outside pond and a
thousand plus gallons of water, your water parameters should change
very little, unless you are tracking DO in the summer time as the
temperatures climb. I run around 1200 gallons and the only time mine
show any kind of shift is when we get 3 to 5 inches of rain in an hour
or less, but in a matter of hours is right back to where it always is,
pH-8.3, KH- 135ppm, GH -200ppm, zero everything else.

Tom L.L.
===================================

r.com...

Old 25-07-2003, 05:12 AM
Tom La Bron

Muffin,

There are a number of aquarium/pond programs on the market that does all
that for you and also helps you to remember to change/clean your filter and
when to add additives, if need be and then some of them will put out nice
charts to chart your progress.

Tom L.L.

"Tom La Bron" wrote in message
om...
Anne Lurie,

What do you need to chart. When you have an outside pond and a
thousand plus gallons of water, your water parameters should change
very little, unless you are tracking DO in the summer time as the
temperatures climb. I run around 1200 gallons and the only time mine
show any kind of shift is when we get 3 to 5 inches of rain in an hour
or less, but in a matter of hours is right back to where it always is,
pH-8.3, KH- 135ppm, GH -200ppm, zero everything else.

Tom L.L.
===================================

r.com...

Old 25-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Lee Brouillet

Really?? I could probably do one up myself in excel, and I can always set up
Outlook to remind me, but it would be nice to have it all in one program
G. Can you tell us the name of one of them?

Lee

"Tom La Bron" wrote in message
om...
Anne Lurie,

What do you need to chart. When you have an outside pond and a
thousand plus gallons of water, your water parameters should change
very little, unless you are tracking DO in the summer time as the
temperatures climb. I run around 1200 gallons and the only time mine
show any kind of shift is when we get 3 to 5 inches of rain in an hour
or less, but in a matter of hours is right back to where it always is,
pH-8.3, KH- 135ppm, GH -200ppm, zero everything else.

Tom L.L.
===================================

r.com...

"*muffin*" wrote in message
have any of you made 'up' charts to use for recording water

testing,
meds
added, etc.?? maybe on power point or some other program?

want to share with the rest of us???

the koi KHA site has one , but not enough room to write...

muffin . looking at scraps of paper.........

Reading Stock Charts in Swing Trading elizabethcadman Marketplace 0 29-06-2011 08:07 PM
Pesticide/fungicide lookup charts [email protected] United Kingdom 3 16-08-2008 12:45 PM
RHS Colour charts Charlie Pridham United Kingdom 16 20-06-2006 07:38 PM
charts? *muffin* Ponds 4 22-09-2005 03:31 PM
nightime temp charts? Barbara Beardsley Edible Gardening 2 22-05-2003 09:32 PM