Old 24-07-2003, 12:44 AM
Mickey

Default Micron for prefilter capsule

I work for a company that uses industrial filtering systems for water and
found a filter to use for a prefilter that I think will work great. The
question is what micron rating is good for a pond? I would like to filter
out some of the green crud that keeps me from seeing deeper than 5 inches. I
am hoping this will work. I thought about getting a 20 micron or smaller and
seeing how long it takes it to clog up. If it would last a week that would
be great.

Old 24-07-2003, 01:13 AM
RichToyBox

It is my understanding that you would need to have a filter that will filter
down to about 5 micron. This fine a filter will clog very quickly in most
ponds. Did a Google with micron, and algae for rec.ponds and found several
posts on the subject.
--
RichToyBox

Old 24-07-2003, 02:12 AM
Mickey

Will look it up thanks. The filter is 4 foot tall so it might not be that
bad it is large enough to handle the full 3800GPH plus if I was pumping with
no head at all.