Old 25-07-2003, 12:12 AM
Steve

Default Muratic Acid High PH High Alkaline

Hi,

I have a small pool about 9ft 650 gallons. I had a problem with
cloudy water. I have a ph of 8.1 and akaline of 205 and calium
hardness of 330. I put in a little muriatic acid and it cleared up
the cloudy water instantly. It seems I still have a high ph and a
high alkaline level. I also have a high copper content as well.

Do I need to keep putting in more muratic acid to bring down the ph?
Or does this have something to do with my high copper content. The
water is very clear now.

Steve
Old 25-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Gale Pearce

Are you sure you are on the right newsgroup? - this is a pond group and have
never heard of anyone using muriatic acid to clear water
Gale :~)

Old 25-07-2003, 02:03 AM

OK.. so you were precipitating calcium out of your water. you have a very stable
buffering system. now that it is clear and the pH is fine, all you gotta do is get
rid of the copper if it is really high. a lot of water conditioners say they get rid
of metals, you might try one of those on a gallon of your water and see if it does
the trick. Ingrid

(Steve) wrote:

Hi,

I have a small pool about 9ft 650 gallons. I had a problem with
cloudy water. I have a ph of 8.1 and akaline of 205 and calium
hardness of 330. I put in a little muriatic acid and it cleared up
the cloudy water instantly. It seems I still have a high ph and a
high alkaline level. I also have a high copper content as well.

Do I need to keep putting in more muratic acid to bring down the ph?
Or does this have something to do with my high copper content. The
water is very clear now.

Steve

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/