GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is table salt safe?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/38397-table-salt-safe.html)

MISSYMAGICGIRL 27-07-2003 01:02 AM

Is table salt safe??

I forgot which salt is safe! Iodized or non iodized???

Thanks in advance,

Sacha

John Hines 27-07-2003 01:42 AM

Is table salt safe??

(MISSYMAGICGIRL) wrote:

I forgot which salt is safe! Iodized or non iodized???

Non. Try Kosher salt at the grocery store. Non-iodized and coarser
than table salt, usually in a 3-5 lb box.

DonKcR 27-07-2003 06:42 AM

Is table salt safe??

Hi, You can purchase white crystal morton salt at your local pool company. I
bought a 50 lb bag $7.99. Kc

Chad 27-07-2003 04:32 PM

Is table salt safe??

FYI, dissolve the salt in a bucket for a while before putting in with
the fish. Undissolved salt crystals can burn the gills. Most salt
that is sold for ponds/aquariums has been modified to dissolve
quickly.