GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ornamental grasses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/38507-ornamental-grasses.html)

UTVOLVET84 27-07-2003 11:32 PM

Ornamental grasses

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I have several varieties of ornamental
grass around my backyard water feature. Recently the grasses have been falling
over, especially on the periphery of the clump. Anyone have an idea for
keeping the clump more upright, other than just bundling it together with plant
ties?
Thanks,
Donna

Bob Adkins 28-07-2003 01:04 AM

Ornamental grasses

On 27 Jul 2003 22:26:09 GMT, (UTVOLVET84) wrote:

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I have several varieties of ornamental
grass around my backyard water feature. Recently the grasses have been falling
over, especially on the periphery of the clump. Anyone have an idea for
keeping the clump more upright, other than just bundling it together with plant
ties?

It may be too shady for the grass, causing it to get too tall and limp.

Bob

BenignVanilla 29-07-2003 08:04 PM

Ornamental grasses

"UTVOLVET84" wrote in message
I know this is a bit off-topic, but I have several varieties of ornamental
grass around my backyard water feature. Recently the grasses have been

falling
over, especially on the periphery of the clump. Anyone have an idea for
keeping the clump more upright, other than just bundling it together with

plant
ties?
Thanks,
Donna

Mine do that, but I let it...The majority of the plant stays up. I think it
looks natural.

BV.

claude rogers 30-07-2003 03:32 AM

Ornamental grasses

I made sort of a peony ring out of thick and thin wire, thick for the legs
and thin for the circle to surround the grass, works like a champ, and you
barely see the thin wire at all.