Old 28-07-2003, 07:33 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Anacharis & Hornwort

I discovered by accident how to grow beautiful anacharis & hornwort, both
algae & dirt free. When I cleaned out the lily pond this spring I wanted
all the hornwort out, as it is awful stuff to have rub up against my legs
while doing maintenance. Like walking thru tumble weeds, only the stickers
don't stick. So I pulled it all out and put it in my 70 gallon stock tank
filled with tap water. Along with the hornwort some anacharis was mix in. I
covered the stock tank with weed cloth to keep debris out and just left it.
Water was added by rain or sprinklers. When I finally realized I was going
to need the stock tank as a hospital tank I uncovered it to find this
gorgeous hornwort and anacharis growing. The hornwort got put into my
aquariums and the anacharis into a little patio pond and some added back to
the lily pond. Really primo stuff. ~ jan

See the lily pond:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a