GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ideas for Facing a Waterfall (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/38628-ideas-facing-waterfall.html)

Mark T. 28-07-2003 10:03 PM

Ideas for Facing a Waterfall

Hi Carl,
I've seen waterfalls constructed to fit what you describe.
Basically, the waterfall is fabricated by making a form with
plywood in whatever shape you like allowing for a 4"-6"
thick wall for the waterfall structure. Usually these are built
in a "step" fashion to facilitate the application of rocks later.
Then pour your concrete, apply EPDM in the spillway
and dress over with rocks to suit. You can use
Great Stuff http://www.dow.com/greatstuff/index.htm
to help fasten and seal the rocks to the
concrete and EPDM.

Mark

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message

"Lynn Strickland" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
Hi -

My pond will have a waterfall that comes over a 32" high retaining

wall.
After the liner goes over the wall, any ideas on how I hide the liner

with
32 drop? I could pile rocks, but that's a big pile (and it will look

like
pile of rocks). How do I make it look natural?

TIA!

You may want to look into culture rock. There is a company that makes
fake rock wall material. Seems to be ultra durrable.

You will find it at you local building supply. About $50 per box (10
square feet).

Comes in a variety of types (flat stacked rock, boulders, bricks..._

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com