GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How do frogs find us? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/38686-how-do-frogs-find-us.html)

Arthur Edwards 29-07-2003 12:06 PM

How do frogs find us?

We live in a highly populated suburb of Boston. Our home is on top of a
hill about 1/2 mile from a tiny stream running at the base of the hill.

We built a small pond about 3x3 foot and 9 inches deep. Each year we
find a few green frogs appearing and are mystified that they can find
us. Do the adults just wander about seeking water to deposit eggs? Can
they sense water 1/2 mile away?

Can someone offer an explanation?

Thanks....

K30a 29-07-2003 04:13 PM

How do frogs find us?

I expect they can sense water. I do know that they will go traveling about when
it rains.
Finding a mate and reproducing in water is probably 2 and 3 on their to-do
list. ;-)

k30a
yearly brother website posting
http://www.30acreimaging.com/