Old 31-07-2003, 09:35 PM
GaneaRowenna

Default roots coming thru liner...

I have roots coming thru my liner. They are poking out of the spliced seam. I
guess there was a small leak there and the roots just went for the water.
Is there a way to fix this without completely emptying the pond? I do not have
a bottom drain.
Please Help.
ShawnAnne
High Desert, zone 6
Old 01-08-2003, 05:02 AM
Benign Vanilla

"GaneaRowenna" wrote in message
I have roots coming thru my liner. They are poking out of the spliced

seam. I
guess there was a small leak there and the roots just went for the water.
Is there a way to fix this without completely emptying the pond? I do not

have
a bottom drain.

I have never had this specific problem, but I think I can say from Pond
experience, and just general life experience, that your best bet is to fix
it right. I'd drain the pond down below the leak, and cut the opening
cleaning (in a slit) large enough to get in there and cut the root way back.
I'd then take another piece of liner and use it to patch over the slit, and
overlap 8-10 inches all the way around. I might even spray some triple
expanding foam in the root hole before I sealed it to act as a further
deterrent. I think Jim Hurley has done a similar patch job. You may want to
google that up, or click here http://tinyurl.com/ip4v.

BV.