GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Egg ID needed - Eggs on top of lilly pads ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/38955-egg-id-needed-eggs-top-lilly-pads.html)

Folklore 01-08-2003 04:04 AM

Egg ID needed - Eggs on top of lilly pads ?

This morning I noticed a mass of eggs along the top of one of my lilly
pads. Not sure if they're fish, frog, etc. Any help appreciated.

The eggs are black or dark grey in color and all are in a clear gel.
I'd guess there are maybe 200 eggs total.

Pond is about 500 gallon and has 2 goldfish (5"?) and 1 shebunkin (5"
also). There are also a number of frogs that hang out.

??

Thanks,

Folk...

K30a 01-08-2003 04:04 AM

Egg ID needed - Eggs on top of lilly pads ?

Folk wrote The eggs are black or dark grey in color and all are in a clear
gel.

If they are in a mass they are frog eggs.
If they are in a string they are toad eggs.
Keep an eye on your water quality (ammonia especially) and you should
have bouncing baby tadpoles.
Fish will enjoy the frog taddies and spit out the toad taddies.

k30a
yearly brother website posting
http://www.30acreimaging.com/

MISSYMAGICGIRL 03-08-2003 12:12 AM

Egg ID needed - Eggs on top of lilly pads ?

clear gel with no colors are what??

Thanks in advance,

Sacha

K30a 03-08-2003 12:22 AM

Egg ID needed - Eggs on top of lilly pads ?

snails?
k30a