Old 02-08-2003, 08:12 AM
*muffin*

Default added sludge digester,, now cloudy

my pond was just becoming, clear enough to see the bottom, still a green
tint, but could see down several feet.
I had a 'kit' of sludge digester,ultra clear etc.. so I used some of it,
since I already paid for it(found out about bzt afterward).
the pond has since turned very cloudy, been 2 days... still cloudy...
I cannot think of anything else I did to make it turn that way. all the
other pond tests are ok,, ammonia, ph, etc etc.
does this normally happen???

Old 04-08-2003, 03:02 AM
NJ

"*muffin*" wrote in message
my pond was just becoming, clear enough to see the bottom, still a green
tint, but could see down several feet.
I had a 'kit' of sludge digester,ultra clear etc.. so I used some of

it,
since I already paid for it(found out about bzt afterward).
the pond has since turned very cloudy, been 2 days... still cloudy...
I cannot think of anything else I did to make it turn that way. all the
other pond tests are ok,, ammonia, ph, etc etc.
does this normally happen???

I use UltraClear and have never had it make the water become cloudy. Could
dirt be getting into your pond? Is it at ground level?

NJ
zone 5b

Old 04-08-2003, 05:43 AM
*muffin*

no dirt getting in. pond liner edge is higher than surrounding area.. there
are 'hillys' behind that., but water would run, in LOW area off to side of
pond before in it.

the pond is still murky!!
I don't get it

"NJ" wrote in message

"*muffin*" wrote in message
my pond was just becoming, clear enough to see the bottom, still a green
tint, but could see down several feet.
I had a 'kit' of sludge digester,ultra clear etc.. so I used some of

it,
since I already paid for it(found out about bzt afterward).
the pond has since turned very cloudy, been 2 days... still

cloudy...
I cannot think of anything else I did to make it turn that way. all the
other pond tests are ok,, ammonia, ph, etc etc.
does this normally happen???

I use UltraClear and have never had it make the water become cloudy.

Could
dirt be getting into your pond? Is it at ground level?

NJ
zone 5b

question about sludge eaters Ann in Houston Ponds 0 27-09-2004 06:39 PM
Sludge (yuk) arjay Ponds 13 20-05-2004 11:04 PM
Instead of a Shop Vac for bottom sludge removal - Mike Patterson Ponds 8 18-03-2004 10:34 AM
Green sludge David Hahn Ponds 3 31-05-2003 10:44 PM
vacuum cleaner for water (like sludge )reservoir Neonel Ponds 3 07-05-2003 06:20 AM