GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blue Koi (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/39393-blue-koi.html)

Bob in PA 05-08-2003 04:21 AM

Blue Koi

I bought a blue Koi about a month ago and started wondering... Anyone else
have a Koi with vivid blue markings? I'll get a picture up when I can find
a good camera.

--

New Layout!!
Check out my pond webpage:

Click on the My Pond Link under Places to Go

Take ME away to reply

disnynutt 05-08-2003 04:12 PM

Blue Koi

I have a beautiful blue koi also.
I also have a shiny white/silver koi with blue markings.
This year I purchased a yellow koi, that is just brillant!
But, sure, we'd love to see your pictures.

RED1102 05-08-2003 08:22 PM

Blue Koi

I have a blue koi, with some grey markings
on him. He is about 12 ins. long and a real beauty. I also have a bright orange
koi with black markings on it, that one is abour 15 ins long.
Carole
NJ

Bob in PA 05-08-2003 09:02 PM

Blue Koi

I'll look around for a roll of film, and take a couple of pictures. I don't
know how soon, because it's supposed to rain until at least monday.

Nedra 05-08-2003 10:02 PM

Blue Koi

Kenco has some beautiful pictures of blue koi ... or at least he
did have. Anyone have the link?

Nedra

Jerrispond 06-08-2003 12:03 AM

Blue Koi

Make sure you "koi" have barbels. There are koi that are blue, and
spots/streaks of blue...They are quite rare......but I have also seen blue
shabunkins in pet shops marked and sold as koi......Jerri

Bob in PA 06-08-2003 12:12 AM

Blue Koi

Yup, they're Koi all right. I also have a blue shubunkin or two. If I
could find some film, I'd take some pictures. I'll have some up by the
weekend. Even if I had the pictures now, nobody could see them because
Tripod says I've used up my hourly bandwidth.

Bob in PA 06-08-2003 01:02 AM

Blue Koi

Yup, they're Koi all right.

~snippage

By "they're" I mean "It is"

claude rogers 06-08-2003 04:32 AM

Blue Koi

Ok, here's a little blue fella that's in my pond...Claude
http://home.fuse.net/ace883/fish2.jpg

zookeeper 06-08-2003 07:42 AM

Blue Koi

claude rogers wrote:
Ok, here's a little blue fella that's in my pond...Claude
http://home.fuse.net/ace883/fish2.jpg

Claude, that's a gorgeous little fish! We have a fish we call Baby Blue.
We named it when it was a 1/2 inch baby, and the blue along each side of
its top (dorsal?) fin was the only color that showed clearly at the
time. It has now grown into a 8 inch shusui (baby blue on each side of
top fin, and red on head and sides below lateral line).

We also have a HUGE (30 inches)koi that is navy blue on top and red from
lateral line down. Its scales have a faint outline of a darker blue.
--
zookeeper

FBCS 06-08-2003 08:12 AM

Blue Koi

Beautiful fish and a clear pond. What more could you ask for?

REBEL JOE 07-08-2003 05:02 PM

Blue Koi

Yes I have one. He has sparkels on his back also. Got him at Gods Green
Earth in Mi.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND